Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Pasta Hut

So I was doing some shopping and saw a Pizza Hut location while walking home. I had seen the commercials for the new Pizza Hut Tuscani Pastas. So, I decided to give it a try. Big mistake. First of all, I should have just gone home and ordered from there, because I was informed I'd have to wait 10-15 minutes for the order. The location was one of those bare bones Pizza Huts that only did deliveries. When did Pizza Hut stop doing actual restaurants? In any case by the time I got my order and walked several blocks home with an unwieldy tray of pasta on a hot, humid day, the pasta was kinda luke warm. How was it? Well, I had ordered the Meaty Marinara version, and I found the sauce to be too sour, but passable. The cheese was the usual crappy cheese that Pizza Hut uses. One thing I found odd though was that there were all these hard dry pieces of pasta all along the edges. It was kinda annoying. I don't think this was frozen, but maybe the pasta they are using is the kind that isn't boiled but cooks in the sauce?

You can only order the pasta in a 3 pound tray for $11.99. Depending on your appetite, you can get about 3-4 meals out of this tray. If you're single, you're going to be sick of the stuff by the third meal. At least that was my experience :(. In all honesty, you can buy a better quality, frozen, pasta meal at a Costco/Price Club or Sam's Club or BJ's Wholesale Club. I'm not sure if the Creamy Chicken Alfredo is any better, but three other people entered the place and ordered that instead of the Meaty Marinara. Maybe I just ordered the wrong one? In any case, I'm not going to be recommending these "Tuscani Pastas."

No comments: