Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Honey and Clover

Honey & Clover

Watched the live-action, movie version of Honey and Clover. I think I prefer the anime version, which I had seen both seasons of. The anime had more comedy, and the movie seemed to be all drama and awkward moments. The story revolves around art college students who are all friends and involved in several, unrequited, love triangles. It seems each character loves someone who loves someone else. What I found realistic in this was that unrequited love, remains unrequited, and everyone realizes they will all grow apart after graduating, but will always cherish their friendships. I was kinda amazed they found someone who could play Hagu-chan. Yu Aoi from Hula Girls, actually fits the role as well as can be expected, even more preferable than the original anime/manga version. I highly recommend the anime and the movie was a decent retelling. I will soon be watching the live-action, japanese, TV drama version.



Here is a fan-made, anime music video (AMV) of the series.

No comments: